Software Architect (m/f/d) for Robot Apps and SDK
10. August 2018
For customers with specific application needs, who want to create standards for their business or others to save money and create a new revenue stream, we want to develop a software development kit (SDK) that gives the possibility to create toolboxes for the KUKA ecosystem, using robots, actuators and sensors and market them for the whole community.
Unlike other SDK solutions in the industry, the SDK gives access to a wide variety of robots from high payload over built in HRC and sensitivity to mobility, and a software ecosystem spanning from real-time control to the cloud. It is a solution which seamlessly integrates into the IDE for realizing individual robot applications to extract reusable elements and make them available for others.
We are interested in engineers who love building robust APIs and highly usable SDKs. We are looking for people that have a strong background in robotics and are able to combine best practices of API and SDK design from every area of computer science, including game development, app development for mobile devices, cloud services, etc. with robotics.
- Architect, design and define APIs and SDKs for developing Toolboxes based on KUKA’s next generation controller
- Build-up and technically leading one or more APIs and SDK teams, work in close cooperation with the responsible lead product owner and head of department
- Create a roadmap for the APIs and SDKs in close cooperation with product owners and the market side, e.g., portfolio management.
- Design and lead implementation of APIs and SDKs
- Manage APIs/SDK software repository including branch, merge and build strategy
- Help create and maintain API and SDK documentation and example code
- Prepare and participate in developer conferences, summer schools and trainings
- Act as a mentor, trainer and expert within the company and developer community
- Close collaboration with lead developers, product owners of Platform OS and Applications to support the creation of a KUKA developer community
- Act as an evangelist outside the company, present on conferences and community events
- Proven know-how in platforms, frameworks, SDKs and APIs
- Proven know-how in automation of industrial processes, e.g., welding, glueing, bending
- Understand well the relationship between all SDK building blocks, like documentation, IDE & tool chains, developer trainings and conferences, guidelines, simulation environments, communities, example codes, marketplaces, etc.
- Understand well the concepts of usability of APIs and SDKs
- Have an excellent understanding of compatibility, upgradeability and side-by-side installations of APIs
- 8-10 years of general software development experience
- 3+ years of experience with software analysis, architectural design, scalability, and performance tuning
- Experience in a technical leadership or software engineering mentorship role
- You have a crafty, entrepreneurial attitude that gets high quality products done quickly
- High affinity to agile development methods without underestimating the need for long-term stable and elaborated APIs
- Able and willing to present technical contents to customers, partners and top management