Master's Thesis in Mobile Robotics
25. Oktober 2016
Within KUKA Robotics, the « Navigation Team » addresses the fascinating area of current and future mobile-robotics, in the industrial, logistic and service fields. To assist the team in the development of innovative user features, the team is looking for some brilliant students performing a Master-Thesis.
The student will mainly work on one innovative topic of mobile robotics, including research, scientific publication analysis, implementation and testing on simulation as well as with real robots.
The team is offering opportunities in the following domains:
- Multi-robot path-planning and coordination, interactions between robots, mission-planning
- Autonomous mapping of the environment
- Autonomous navigation of mobile robots in dynamic environments (localization, path-planning, mapping)
- Detection, extraction, tracking and identification of recognizable objects in the surrounding of the robots using lasers and/or video
- Students (f/m) in the field of computer science, robotics, mathematics or related areas
- Good programming skills (C++ and Java)
- Conceptual thinking, independent- and team-working, creativity