The easy exchange of tools using KS QuadroSpin permits a wide variety of types of vehicle in production: the system can handle up to four different models. Flexibility and easy accessibility are generated by the additional robot which can be positioned at the center of the turntable.
How the KS QuadroSpin works
The KS QuadroSpin is a turntable characterized by the ability to handle up to four geometry tools. It can move up to 14,000 kilograms of payload. The required tool is presented by rotating the turntable 90 or 180 degrees.
The turntable offers two basic variants:
- Single tooling: in this case the KS QuadroSpin is equipped with four different tools.
- Double tooling: with this version two pairs of identical tools are located opposite each other.
The process sequence for single tooling
- Loading station: a robot loads the tool presented by the turntable with the appropriate components.
- Processing position: the KS QuadroSpin rotates into the processing position. The process robot works on the component. It welds, rivets or hems it.
- Unloading station: the turntable rotates back to the original position. The handling robot unloads the finished component and loads the next one.
Functional principle of the KS QuadroSpin for double tooling
- There are always two identical tools on the KS QuadroSpin.
- Loading station: a robot loads the appropriate components.
- Processing position: the KS QuadroSpin rotates into the processing position. The process robot works on the component.
- Unloading station: the turntable rotates back to the original position. The process starts all over again.
A robot can be installed at the center of the KS QuadroSpin for both the single tooling and the double tooling versions.
Advantages of the KS QuadroSpin
- Type flexibility: thanks to the ease of changing tools, for instance up to four different door variants can be manufactured using the same system.
- Fast: process tasks and component exchange take place in parallel. This allows the non-productive times to be reduced.
- Space-saving: the KS QuadroSpin permits an optimum sequence of operations while requiring only minimal space. Not least because of the facility to use the space at the center of the turntable.
- Simple handling: if a robot is placed at the center of the KS QuadroSpin, component accessibility is improved.