Control Systems Engineer
17 August 2018
Your new role
Your new role is based in our head office located in Sydney Olympic Park which is within walking distance to public transport, cafes, exercise equipment, bike and walking tracks, and leafy green parks. You will be reporting directly to the Head of Solution Execution and be primarily responsible for analysing customer requirements and developing specifications to deliver fully tested and documented controls for projects both on time and within budget. This role also requires close collaboration between the local Swisslog Project and Integration team and global technology centers. Your involvement spans across all project phases starting in design phase, development, commissioning and integration stages until the successful systems acceptance is reached and the solution is handed over to customer.
Who you are & what we need
You are a talented Controls Engineer who likes to develop applications to manage highly automated warehouse processes for complex material handling systems, with previous experience in logistics engineering environments. You are a strong communicator who is passionate about the logistics automation industry and is driven to produce high quality work against tight deadlines.
- Academic recognition and/or practical experience in the field of electrical/controls engineering
- Higher national diploma in relevant subject
- At least 3 years’ industrial experience with sound knowledge of Siemens S7.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematic drawings
- Experience in programming with function block diagram (FB) and Siemens STL.
- Knowledge of industrial Ethernet and modern field buses (PROFINET, PROFIBUS, EtherCAT, AS-i), AC drives and design experience of HMI systems
- Practical experience of electrical / controls engineering & electrical installation
- Experience in the management of subcontractors delivering electrical installations and control systems
- Excellent word processing and spread sheet skills
- Able to communicate openly and effectively and produce high quality work on tight deadlines
- Able to work well under pressure, adapt to new and changing demands and continuously seek improvements
- Electricians license or disconnect/reconnect license is advantageous
- Application knowledge of automated material handlings systems (conveyors, monorail, robots, cranes etc.) is advantageous
- Knowledge of Beckhoff IPC / TwinCAT is advantageous
Culture and benefits for you
At Swisslog we work hard for our customers, yet we recognize the importance of a work life balance and supportive work environment. Our people are encouraged to be creative and flexible in their work which stimulates an energetic and dynamic environment. We offer our staff a competitive salary, an individual training and development plan, the opportunity to work in a growing international company and access to our exclusive Employee Benefits program.
How to apply
You can submit your application directly to the Swisslog ANZ HR Team, at firstname.lastname@example.org.