Control Systems Manager
in Sydney, Australia
About Swisslog Logistics Automation
We shape the future of intralogistics with robotic, data-driven and flexible automated solutions that achieve exceptional value for our customers. Swisslog helps forward-thinking companies optimize the performance of their warehouses and distribution centers with future-ready automation systems and software. Our integrated offering includes consulting, system design and implementation, and lifetime customer support in more than 50 countries. Swisslog is a member of the KUKA Group, a leading global supplier of intelligent automation solutions with more than 14,000 employees worldwide.
Your New Role
Reporting directly to the Head of Solution, you will lead a team of control system engineers to develop and deliver documented control specifications that are fully tested. Working in a project environment, the team will support and manage the collaboration between internal stakeholders both locally and globally to ensure the successful delivery of project milestones is achieved. Key to your success will be your ability to lead the team and work operationally across a project lifecycle including the sales and design phase to the ‘hands- on’ activities during the development, commissioning and integration stages. You will play a pivotal role to ensure the successful achievement of systems acceptance is obtained and the solution is successfully deployed in accordance with project scope and customer expectations.
Who You Are & What We Need
You are a talented Senior Controls Engineer with leadership experience and a demonstrated ability to coach and influence others. It is expected you will have a wealth of experience developing controls applications utilising the latest technology ideally, with a highly automated warehouse process or complex material handling systems environment. Previous experience in logistics or engineering environment coupled with an ability to lead others whilst building, solid relationships are key experiences we want to attract. If you are passionate about developing people, enjoy being a key member of the project team delivering transformation and automation solutions within customer environments we want you as part of on team.
What You’ll Bring to the Table
- Academic recognition and/or practical experience in the field of electrical/controls engineering
Management/ Leadership experience
- Degree or diploma in electrical or mechatronics engineering
- Experience in the management of subcontractors and Swisslog internal suppliers delivering electrical installations and control systems
- 5+ years of industrial experience with sound knowledge of either Beckhoff TwinCAT or any other IPC based control system or Siemens S7 with strong desire to transition to new generation controls systems
- Experience in programming with structured text language as defined in IEC61131
- Selection and sourcing of components, and hands-on commissioning, testing and trouble-shooting of control systems
- Knowledge of Industrial Ethernet and modern field buses (EtherCAT, PROFINET, AS-i) and AC drives
- Reading and interpreting electrical schematic drawings
- Practical experience of electrical / controls engineering & electrical installation
- Application knowledge of automated material handlings systems (conveyors, monorail, robots, cranes etc.)
- Ability to write clear technical documentation
- Electricians license or disconnect/reconnect license is advantageous
- Ability to travel up to 30% - 40%
What You Need to Do Now
If you are interested in this position, apply today by clicking the “Apply via E-Mail” button and attach a resume and letter of interest.