Maintenance Technician (Cover Role)
At Swisslog Australia
17 August 2018
This role will report directly to the Maintenance Manager and is based at our customer’s Mentone site. As a Maintenance Technician, the successful candidate will be required to provide shift cover for the teams annual leave (occasionally at short notice), which includes 8 hour shifts across a 24/5 roster (day, afternoon and nights).
The primarily responsibility for this role is to manage and coordinate the maintenance services for the facility, and represent Swisslog to the customer on site with relation to any issues, and act as the communication channel between the facility management (customer), Swisslog and its suppliers.
Other key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Breakdown support and error handling of the Material Handling System (MHS)
- Investigate equipment failures, implement improvements and troubleshoot if necessary
- Monitor the operation in a pro-active manner to avoid failure / defects during operation
- Repair and Maintenance of electrical equipment and replacement of defective parts.
- Daily maintenance and cleaning according to the original MHS Supplier’s Maintenance Program
- Work at elevated heights, when required
- Control and maintain the spare parts stock levels and MHS Supplier’s documentation
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with customers / staff representatives and Swisslog departments (at all levels)
- An electrical/Mechanical trade qualification
- Operation in the repair and maintenance of technical systems of a similar environment
- Experience providing maintenance assistance during full operation of facility, conducting preventative / corrective maintenance and replacing defective parts
- Commitment to safety, quality and customer satisfaction
- Ability to work under pressured environments and work against given timelines
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of PLC controlled plant equipment and/or pneumatic equipment desirable
Culture and Benefits
At Swisslog we work hard for our customers, yet we recognise the importance of a work life balance and supportive work environment. Our people are encouraged to be creative and flexible in their work which stimulates an energetic and dynamic environment. We offer our staff a competitive salary, an individual training and development plan, the opportunity to work in a growing international company and access to our exclusive Employee Benefits program. Swisslog is a company that truly values its people and if you are a talented maintenance technician looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity, then send your application through today!
How you can apply:
You can submit your application directly to the Swisslog ANZ HR Team, at email@example.com.