at Swisslog Australia
Swisslog designs, develops and delivers best-in-class automation solutions for forward-thinking hospitals, warehouses and distribution centers. We offer integrated systems and services from a single source – from consulting to design, implementation and lifetime customer service. Behind the company’s success are 2 500 employees worldwide, supporting customers in more than 50 countries. Swisslog is part of the KUKA Group, a leading global supplier of intelligent automation solutions.
Your New Role
Your new role is based in our head office located in Sydney Olympic Park which is within walking distance to public transport, cafes, exercise equipment, bike and walking tracks, and leafy green parks. You will be reporting directly to the Head of Solution Execution and be primarily responsible for ensuring our projects are delivered in full, on time and within budget. This includes close collaboration, management and follow up with project team, client and other stakeholders in all phases of the project conducting status and progress reviews as well as directly managing and supporting the project team all while ensuring our customers’ needs and requirements are fully understood and represented by Swisslog.
Who You Are & What We Need
You are an experienced Project Manager who can demonstrate proficiency in the planning and implementation of projects. Additionally, you will have experience delivering projects based on the latest technologies for highly automated warehouse processes and complex material handling systems in logistics engineering environments. You will be a strong communicator who is passionate about the logistics automation industry and is driven to deliver complex projects on time and within budget.
What You’ll Bring to the Table
- Experience and proven track record managing complex, long-term projects ranging from MAUD 1 to 30 in size
- Project engineering experience within automation industry or similar within manufacturing environment would be an advantage
- Experience in drafting and executing design and build contracts
- Exposure in sales support activities such as scheduling, cost estimation and design review
- Excellent stakeholder management and negotiation skills
- Good project controlling skills to accurately track progress and provide forecasts initiating necessary actions to successfully complete the project
- Proven decision-making capabilities that align with project milestones applied in the best interest of the project
- Strong demonstrated experience in influencing stakeholders and with the ability to mentor others
- Formal degree / education in mechanical or electrical engineering
- Project Management Certification, with proven project management experience including claims and appeals
- Facilitate status update meetings with senior management, when necessary
- Prepare and present monthly project progress report for management
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Project or similar project planning tools
- Hands-on knowledge of SAP or other enterprise applications is a plus
- Technical understanding of automation systems and its components such as cranes, conveyors, AGV, robots with previous experience of working in the supply chain/intralogistics field is very desirable
- Knowledge of PMBOK/Prince or other similar practices for project management is desirable
- Ability to travel up to 30% - 40%
Culture and benefits for you
At Swisslog we work hard for our customers, yet we recognize the importance of a work life balance and supportive work environment. Our people are encouraged to be creative and flexible in their work which stimulates an energetic and dynamic environment. We offer our staff a competitive salary, an individual training and development plan, the opportunity to work in a growing international company and access to our exclusive Employee Benefits program.
What You Need to Do Now
If you are interested in this position, apply today by clicking the “Apply Now” button and attach a resume and letter of interest. Alternatively, you can submit your application directly to the Swisslog ANZ HR Team, at firstname.lastname@example.org.