Shift Leader - Mentone
We are looking for a talented and experienced Shift Leader (mechanical or electrical) who is passionate about technology, is self-motivated, and has a proactive approach and a positive attitude to join our prestigious site in Mentone.
17 August 2018
This role is ideal for someone with a mechanical/electrical engineering background and has strong leadership skills. This role is ideal for someone who is looking for a opportunity to work with a market leader in technology and wants to be part of a growing and diverse international organisation.
About the Role
This role will report directly to the Swisslog Maintenance Team Manager and is based at our customer's Mentone Site. As one of Swisslog's Shift Leaders, the successful candidate will be required to work an 8 hour shift (6am - 2pm), Monday to Friday. This role includes no weekend work, unless overtime is required. The primarily responsibility is to repair and maintain the equipment on site, thus ensuring the continuous smooth operation of the facility according to Swisslog’s agreed maintenance scope and plan.
What you will bring to the role
- Trade qualifications in Certificate III Mechanical engineering or licensed electrician
- Previous experience during full operation of the facility, including trouble shooting (if necessary), preventative maintenance of the system and replacement of defective parts
- Previous experience in a leadership role with strong management skills
- 3 + years’ experience in the repair and maintenance of technical systems in a production environment or similar
- Ability to work within a team and manage pressure/stress well
- Demonstrated commitment to safety, quality and customer satisfaction
- Knowledge of PLC controlled plant and equipment and/or pneumatic equipment (advantageous)
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to demonstrate a strong customer service aptitude
- A relevant and current trade license
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- Ability to identify plant improvement opportunities (desirable)
What’s in it for me?
At Swisslog we work hard for our customers, yet we recognize the importance of a supportive work environment. To achieve this, our people are encouraged to be creative and flexible in their work which stimulates an energetic and dynamic environment. We offer our staff a competitive salary, an individual training and development plan, the opportunity to work in a growing international company and access to our exclusive Employee Benefits program. Swisslog is a company that truly values its people and if you are an experienced maintenance technician (mechanical), then this is an opportunity not to be missed!
How to apply
If you are interested in the above position, please send an updated resume and a letter of interest, addressing how you meet the required skills and attributes as outlined above to firstname.lastname@example.org.