at Swisslog in Sydney
25 February 2019
About Swisslog Logistics Automation
We shape the future of intralogistics with robotic, data-driven and flexible automated solutions that achieve exceptional value for our customers. Swisslog helps forward-thinking companies optimise the performance of their warehouses and distribution centers with future-ready automation systems driven by leading edge in-house software. Our integrated offering includes consulting, system design and implementation, and lifetime customer support in more than 50 countries. Swisslog is a member of the KUKA Group, a leading global supplier of intelligent automation solutions with more than 14,000 employees worldwide.
This role is based in our state-of-the-art offices in Sydney Olympic Park which is within walking distance to public transport and parking stations. Reporting directly to our Head of Software Execution, the role is primarily responsible for maintaining and enhancing existing applications using Java EE (EJB, JPA, JMS and JSF with Prime Faces) technologies, and developing new applications (using same technologies) based on the requirements from functional specification documents and designs / input provided from Software Project Manager and Technical Leader (Business Analysts, Solution architect).
Some of the main responsibilities of the position include:
- Deliver defined parts of a project, including update of specifications, module design, implementation, testing, integration (in-house and on-site), and documentation
- Develop applications based on Java JEE, Web and Oracle PL/SQL technologies embedded into the company’s product frameworks
- Development includes frontend and backend solutions and testing the software in accordance with design requirements and test plans based on the functional specifications
- Resolve software support incidents within defined SLA’s agreed with local CS Support Department heads
- Identify root cause issues with live operational sites and develop permanent solutions to aid continuous improvement
- Take ownership of software trackers, but highlighting defects within support incidents and ensures those are resolved
- Implement minor change orders for installed base solutions
- Available for support outside of office hours (based on escalations)
- Participate in regular meetings with the implementation team
- Represent Regional HUB by participating in regular meetings within the global CS community and local CS Support teams
- Effective use of defined toolsets (Eclipse, Maven, Jenkins, Sonar and Subversion) in accordance with company standards
- Travel when required (up to 30%/40% of the time) to customer sites during onsite installation and commissioning
The successful person
As the ideal candidate, you will have:
- Some years of experience with software development
- Previous experience of working in a team providing software solutions in projects with tight budgets and timeframes.
- Has knowledge in programming Java SE & EE business (backend) and web applications (frontend)
- Is knowledgeable with OO principles and techniques (Java architectures, design patterns)
- Demonstrated understanding of Eclipse development environment, Maven build automation and CI environments, preferably Sonar / Jenkins
- Holds knowledge about test driven development, preferably based on JUnit and Mockito
- Some understanding of Application Servers, preferably Oracle GlassFish or Oracle Fusion Middleware Weblogic
- Strong commitment to learn and improve IT and domain skills
- Database design and SQL programming knowledge
- Willingness to work in dynamic yet fun environment
- Has a strong interest in new technology and is happy to learn on the job with support
- Experience in the supply chain or logistics industry. (desirable)
- Experience with automated material flow systems conveyor, crane, etc. (desirable)
- Some years of experience in consulting or system integration. (desirable)
What’s in it for you?
At Swisslog we work hard for our customers, yet we recognize the importance of a work life balance and supportive work environment. To achieve this, we have an active health and wellness program. Our people are encouraged to be creative and flexible in their work which stimulates an energetic and dynamic environment. We offer our staff a competitive salary, an individual training and development plan, the opportunity to work in a growing international company and access to our exclusive Employee Benefits program. Swisslog is a company that truly values its people and if you are a talented Software Engineer, then this is an opportunity not to be missed!
Apply today by including your updated resume and a letter of interest addressing the essential criteria. For a confidential discussion, please contact Jennifer De Souza, HR Advisor on +61 (0) 410 485 577.