Electronics technician for automation technology at KUKA
Electronics technicians for automation technology are specialists for computer-controlled systems. These include, for example, automatic production machines, traffic control systems or building management systems.
They analyze the relationships between functions, design modifications and expansions and program both systems and networks. Furthermore, they are responsible for the systems’ test runs and training users in operation.
At KUKA, these tasks are embedded in a highly innovative working environment: as an electronics technician for automation technology, you will play an active part in shaping Industrie 4.0.
Your apprenticeship at KUKA
Electronics technicians for automation technology work in an extremely wide range of areas. This gives you exciting insights into one of the most dynamic industries in the world.
The apprenticeship includes the following fields of learning, amongst others:
- Installing and adjusting pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical drive systems
- Installing and calibrating sensor and actuator systems
- Programming and testing automation systems
- Operation of systems
- Acquiring measurement data using application programs
- Controlling production sequences
Our apprenticeship and continuing education opportunities
We particularly value a comprehensive and varied apprenticeship. As a result, we offer you all kinds of learning modules beyond the scope of your technical apprenticeship, for example:
- Introduction days
- Robot training
- Foreign language courses
- Courses for exam preparation
- Foreign placements of four to six weeks
Even after your apprenticeship, we will do all we can to support your development. Here are some examples:
- Continuing education programs at the KUKA Academy
- Sponsorship programs for master workers or technicians
Duration of the apprenticeship and application cut-off date
The apprenticeship as an electronics technician for automation technology lasts 3.5 years. The apprenticeship starts on 1 September of each year and applications must be submitted twelve months before the start of the apprenticeship.
Requirements for the apprenticeship as electronics technician for automation technology
If you would like to become an electronics technician for automation technology at KUKA, you should possess the following knowledge and strong points:
- Basic school-leaving certificate
Interests and attributes
- Affinity for technology
- Good results in mathematics, physics and information technology
- Abstract and logical thinking
- Manual dexterity
- Team skills
Apply for an apprenticeship as electronics technician for automation technology at KUKA. We look forward to hearing from you!