Industrial mechanic at KUKA
As an industrial mechanic, you get the best out of the production systems. You set up and check the systems and machines – for example work machines or special machines. Then you put them into operation and keep them maintained. In addition, you look after the interlinking connections to our technical systems.
Your apprenticeship at KUKA
The apprenticeship as industrial mechanic is your point of entry to a varied job with excellent perspectives. Later on, for example, you can take a master worker’s examination or continue your education in the technicians’ school or at university.
The apprenticeship includes the following fields of learning, amongst others:
- Handling technical documents (for example manufacturing plans, drawings, standards)
- Processing metals and plastics
- Establishing permanent and non-permanent connections
- Assembling and connecting electropneumatic and electrohydraulic controllers
- Installing, setting, commissioning and maintaining assemblies, devices and machines
- Rectifying faults on devices, machines and systems including their controllers
Our apprenticeship and continuing education opportunities
At KUKA, the technical apprenticeship as industrial mechanic also gears you up for the world of work in general. Benefit from these continuing education opportunities, for example:
- Introduction days
- Robot training
- Foreign language courses
- Courses for exam preparation
- Foreign placements of four to five weeks
It goes without saying that we support you even after your apprenticeship at KUKA if you want to further your education. For example, the following opportunities are available to you:
- Continuing education programs at the KUKA Academy
- Sponsorship programs for master workers or technicians
Duration of the apprenticeship and application cut-off date
If you want to become an industrial mechanic, the apprenticeship will take 3.5 years. We offer it in Augsburg and in Bremen.
Start of the apprenticeship:
- Ausburg: 1 September
- Bremen: 1 August
You can start applying for an apprenticeship at KUKA about 12 months before the start of the apprenticeship. As long as openings are displayed, you can apply.
Requirements for the apprenticeship as industrial mechanic
You should offer this knowledge and these characteristics if you would like to do an apprenticeship as industrial mechanic at KUKA:
- At least basic school-leaving certificate
Interests and attributes
- Affinity for technology
- Good results in mathematics, physics and chemistry
- Manual dexterity
- Team skills
Start your future as an industrial mechanic at KUKA!
We look forward to receiving your application.
Mr. Manfred Schussmann
Head of Training Center
Tel. +49 821 797 1407
Ms. Stefanie Schrötter
Tel. +49 421 6602 359