Lathe/milling machine operator at KUKA
In the apprenticeship as lathe/milling machine operator, we will make you into a specialist for cutting processes. You will learn how to operate automated lathes, milling and grinding machines professionally. In addition, you will write and modify the corresponding programs for the CNC machines.
Lathe/milling machine operators at KUKA convert a raw piece of metal into a high-precision component. Time and time again, they check whether each workpiece is exactly as it should be. As a result, even during your apprenticeship as lathe/milling machine operator at KUKA, you will learn everything about inspection and test processes and equipment.
Your apprenticeship at KUKA
Working as a lathe/milling machine operator is very diverse. These tasks await you during your apprenticeship at KUKA:
- Reading, analyzing and evaluating production orders and technical drawings
- Selecting, aligning and clamping tools and fixtures
- Writing and importing CNC programs
- Operating lathes and milling machines
- Performing, monitoring and optimizing production processes
Our apprenticeship and continuing education opportunities
Even during your apprenticeship as lathe/milling machine operator at KUKA, we provide you with extensive and overarching support alongside your technical qualification. For example, you have the following continuing education opportunities:
- Introduction days
- Foreign language courses or exam preparation courses
- Robot training
- Foreign placements (four to six weeks)
You will have additional opportunities once you have finished your apprenticeship and are working as a lathe/milling machine operator at KUKA, for example:
- Continuing education programs at the KUKA Academy
- Sponsorship programs for master workers or technicians
Duration of the apprenticeship and application cut-off date
The apprenticeship as lathe/milling machine operator takes 3.5 years. We offer it in Augsburg, in Bremen and in Obernburg.
Start of the apprenticeship:
- Ausburg and Obernburg: 1 September
- Bremen: 1 August
You can start applying for an apprenticeship at KUKA about 12 months before the start of the apprenticeship. As long as openings are displayed, you can apply.
Requirements for the apprenticeship as lathe/milling machine operator
If you are interested in an apprenticeship as lathe/milling machine operator at KUKA, we expect you to meet the following prerequisites:
- Basic school-leaving certificate
- Affinity for machinery and technology
- Spatial awareness
- Careful, responsible working method