Technical product designers at KUKA
Technical product designers assist our engineers and designers in developing all kinds of products. The bandwidth ranges from the smallest component up to complete robots.
As a technical product designer, you analyze the specified planning and make lifelike 3D models. In doing this, you consider the properties of the particular material, which you know all about. As a result, we can produce individual components at KUKA and develop new, innovative products all the time.
Your apprenticeship at KUKA
The apprenticeship as technical product designer offers you an entry point to a multifaceted career. And it forms the ideal basis for a subsequent university course such as in mechanical engineering.
If you choose this apprenticeship, you will learn the following activities amongst others:
- Creating visual representations using 3D/CAD software programs
- Creating 3D/CAD data records from construction, design, configuration and customer specifications
- Designing, drafting and engineering components and assemblies
- Deploying company-specific simulation processes and investigating the behavior of components and assemblies
- Creating technical documentation
Our apprenticeship and continuing education opportunities
At KUKA, we offer you various learning modules that go beyond the specialized training as technical product designer. This means you will achieve a wide-ranging qualification for your subsequent working life. The learning modules include, for example:
- Introduction days
- Robot training
- Courses in foreign languages
- Courses for exam preparation
- Foreign placements of four to six weeks
Even after your apprenticeship, we will support you in your development. For example, you can participate in these sponsorship programs:
- Continuing education programs at the KUKA Academy
- Sponsorship programs for master workers or technicians
Duration of the apprenticeship and application cut-off date
The apprenticeship as technical product designer lasts 3.5 years and starts on 1 September of each year. Applications must be submitted twelve months before the start of the apprenticeship. The training takes place at KUKA AG in Augsburg.
Requirements for the apprenticeship
For each apprenticeship, you should provide particular strong points and knowledge. As a technical product designer, for example, you need these attributes:
- At least basic school-leaving certificate
Interests and attributes
- Affinity for technology
- Good results in mathematics, physics and chemistry
- Careful approach
- Team skills
Take an apprenticeship as technical product designer at KUKA – apply now!
Mr. Manfred Schussmann
Head of Training Center
Tel. +49 821 797 1407
Ms. Stefanie Schrötter
Tel. +49 421 6602 359