Information technology and business information systems at KUKA
In the co-operative education program in information technology and business information systems, you will enter one of the most innovative and dynamic areas at KUKA. As an IT specialist, you look after IT for the company. IT specialists are responsible for all kinds of IT solutions: They integrate hardware and software components into complex systems. The area of business information systems additionally involves commercial tasks.
IT specialists network automated robot cells and production facilities with control systems. They program, test and coordinate applications and software components with one another. In brief: IT specialists ensure that KUKA robots and systems function at the push of a button.
During your co-operative education course in information technology and business information systems at KUKA, you will benefit from comprehensive and interdisciplinary training. The central task areas are:
- Creating IT solutions with integrated hardware and software components in complex systems
- Incorporating electronically controlled machines and components into master control systems within automated robot cells or production facilities
- Programming individual applications
Duration of the co-operative education program and graduation
The co-operative education program in information technology and business information systems lasts 4.5 years. Once you have successfully completed it, you will be a trained IT specialist (CIC) at the same time as a Bachelor of Science.
Training location at KUKA
Your training is divided between the plant and the university or vocational school:
- KUKA AG, Augsburg
- Augsburg University of Applied Sciences
- Vocational school VII
Requirements for the co-operative education program in information technology and business information systems
You need to meet certain preconditions to take part in any co-operative education program. For these courses, you should meet the following criteria:
- Matriculation qualification for tertiary education
Interests and attributes
- Enthusiasm and passion for IT topics
- Understanding of technical systems, technology and communication
- Logical thinking and an analytical approach
Apply for the co-operative education program in information technology and business information systems at KUKA – we are looking forward to hearing from you.