Mechatronics course at KUKA
Mechatronics technicians are encountered at KUKA above all on the large machines and robots. They assemble complex mechatronic systems comprising all kinds of components – electrical, electronic and mechanical. These also include electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic control systems. They manufacture the components themselves.
What is more, the mechatronics technicians look after the associated hardware and software: for example, they program the software for systems and install it.
The mechatronics co-operative education program concentrates on the following areas of learning:
- Machining mechanical parts and linking components
- Installing and testing hardware and software components
- Assembling and testing electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic control systems
- Programming and commissioning mechatronic systems
Duration of the co-operative education program and graduation
The co-operative education program in mechatronics takes 4.5 years at our site in Augsburg, 3.5 years in Bremen. When you complete the co-operative education program as an mechatronic (CIC), you will also qualify for the title of Bachelor of Engineering (B. Eng.).
Training locations at KUKA
KUKA offers the co-operative education program in mechatronics at two sites. As a student, you divide your time between the local plant and the university or vocational school:
- KUKA AG, Augsburg
- Augsburg University of Applied Sciences
- Augsburg I and Augsburg VII vocational school
- KUKA Systems GmbH, Assembly & Test Division in Bremen
- Bremen University of Applied Sciences
Requirements for the mechatronics co-operative education program
You should meet the following criteria in order to embark on the co-operative education program:
- Matriculation qualification for tertiary education
Interests and attributes
- Affinity for mechanical and electronic systems and technology
- Interest in different materials, components and machines
- Manual dexterity and an analytical approach
Become a KUKA colleague: Apply for the mechatronics co-operative education program with us and lay the foundation stone for your career in Industrie 4.0.
Mr. Daniel Goller
Tel. +49 821 797 3491
Ms. Saskia Schwarze
Tel. +49 421 6602 358