Internship for students (m/f/d)
Every year, KUKA offers internships for university applicants and students. This is your opportunity: you will gain insights into the current projects and learn about the practical aspects of the world of Industrie 4.0 – an optimum entry point for your career.
Pre-internship for university applicants: “Basic skills in metal”
In many courses, you need to have practical training or provide evidence of participation in an activity of this kind before you are allowed to start your course. You can achieve this in the form of a technical pre-internship at KUKA. Then you can submit the certificate to your university or college.
In addition to the certificate for your higher education, the pre-internship also provides you with insights that you cannot acquire from a book: you get to know innovative technologies in the area of automation, and you can embark on your course already equipped with practical knowledge.
Contents of the pre-internship
- You learn simple fundamentals of metalworking: marking-out, filing, sawing, drilling, reaming, countersinking, thread-cutting, working with various materials, machining sheet metal, shearing and bending.
- You complete riveting training.
- You practice mechanical metal cutting, for example using lathes and milling machines.
- You learn about various welding processes such as oxyacetylene welding, metal and arc welding, gas metal arc welding, and you find out about brazing.
- You learn how to read straightforward technical drawings.
- You measure and inspect finished workpieces.
- You learn the basics of pneumatics with simple circuits.
Duration of the pre-internship
The pre-internship is offered in Augsburg and in Bremen and lasts for about six to eight weeks. It starts in Augsburg at the end of June, while the starting time at KUKA Bremen is flexible. You will complete your pre-internship at our new education center (Augsburg) or in the modern training workshop in Bremen.
Application for a pre-internship
Internship for students (m/f/d): practical work supplements theory
If you are already studying, your internship at KUKA will give you insights into company structures, processes and projects. Here, you create an optimum basis for successful work.
From Research & Development, Production, Electrical Design, IT, and Technical Sales to Human Resources or Marketing – all these departments and many more are constantly on the lookout for motivated students who want to get stuck in and help us to shape the automation of the future.
Contents of the internship
- You will be involved in ongoing projects of the department in which the internship is held.
- You will gain direct insights into the world of automation.
- You will learn about interdisciplinary structures in an international organization.
- You will have the opportunity to develop your skills further in working with project colleagues and managers, as well as customers and suppliers.
- You will promote your communication skills and ability to work in a team.
You should offer the following
Enthusiasm and passion for topics linked to the desired internship
Enjoyment of working with other people in a multicultural/international setting
Desire to work both independently and as part of a team
Customer focus and strong communication skills
Interest in exchanging knowledge and ideas as well as learning new things
Flexibility and creativity
Ideally, your internship will start when the semester starts, and will last for five to six months
In the case of a mandatory internship, the duration is determined by your study regulations
You can also combine the mandatory internship with a voluntary internship or with your thesis.
The internships are on a full-time basis
You receive attractive remuneration as an intern
The precondition for an internship with us is that you are registered as a student at a university or university of applied sciences
Application for an internship for students
All available internship places are listed in the KUKA online job exchange.
To apply, please submit the complete application documents (covering letter, curriculum vitae, high school diploma, university and employer references if available), ideally about a semester before the desired practical semester, using exclusively the online application form for this purpose. Please specify the desired timeframe for your internship in your application – and whether it is a mandatory or voluntary internship.
Also read our application tips.
Internship for students at KUKA: A Fair Company
An overview of the Fair Company rules:
- We do not replace full-time jobs with interns, voluntary interns or guest students.
- We do not console graduates who have applied for a permanent position with an internship.
- We do not promise a full-time position to a student if there are no such plans for one.
- We offer internships primarily for career orientation purposes during the training phase.
- We pay our students appropriate remuneration for their work.
- We create transparency about tasks, points of contact and objectives of the internship as well as about the rules of conduct.
Lay the foundation stone for your career now and apply for an internship for students at KUKA!
Bewirb dich jetzt über unsere Karriereseite !