Internship for students
Every year, KUKA offers internships for university applicants and students. This is your opportunity: you will gain insights into the current projects and learn about the practical aspects of the world of Industrie 4.0 – an optimum entry point for your career.
Pre-internship for university applicants: “Basic skills in metal”
In many courses, you need to have practical training or provide evidence of participation in an activity of this kind before you are allowed to start your course. You can achieve this in the form of a technical pre-internship at KUKA. Then you can submit the certificate to your university or college.
In addition to the certificate for your higher education, the pre-internship also provides you with insights that you cannot acquire from a book: you get to know innovative technologies in the area of automation, and you can embark on your course already equipped with practical knowledge.
Contents of the pre-internship
- You learn simple fundamentals of metalworking: marking-out, filing, sawing, drilling, reaming, countersinking, thread-cutting, working with various materials, machining sheet metal, shearing and bending.
- You complete riveting training.
- You practice mechanical metal cutting, for example using lathes and milling machines.
- You learn about various welding processes such as oxyacetylene welding, metal and arc welding, gas metal arc welding, and you find out about brazing.
- You learn how to read straightforward technical drawings.
- You measure and inspect finished workpieces.
- You learn the basics of pneumatics with simple circuits.
Duration of the pre-internship
Application for a pre-internship
Internship for students: practical work supplements theory
If you are already studying, your internship at KUKA will give you insights into company structures, processes and projects. Here, you create an optimum basis for successful work.
Contents of the internship
- You will be involved in ongoing projects.
- You will gain direct insights into the world of automation.
- You will learn about interdisciplinary structures in an international organization.
- You will have the opportunity to develop your skills further in working with project colleagues and managers, as well as customers and suppliers.
- You will promote your communication skills and ability to work in a team.
Duration of the internship
Application for the student internship
Student internship at KUKA: a Fair Company
An overview of the Fair Company rules:
- We do not replace full-time jobs with interns, voluntary interns or guest students.
- We do not console graduates who have applied for a permanent position with an internship.
- We do not promise a full-time position to an intern if there are no such plans for one.
- We offer internships primarily for career orientation purposes during the training phase.
- We pay our student interns appropriate remuneration for their work.
- We create transparency about tasks, points of contact and objectives of the internship as well as about the rules of conduct.
Lay the foundation stone for your career now and apply for a student internship at KUKA!
Mr. Daniel Goller
Ms. Stefanie Schrötter