- Provides technical/engineering support in response to end-customer and system integrator pre-sales inquiries
- Supports sales team in pre-sales efforts within designated area of responsibility
- Assesses robot applications, tests, proves-out, and demonstrates software/hardware solutions on KUKA robots per customer requirements
- Provides limited post-sales project support. This position requires advanced knowledge and the exercise of independent judgment and discretion
- Creates/presents product-related and technical presentations and demonstrations
- Creates application concepts, project quotes, budgets, payback analysis, timing and change requirements
- Conducts customer visits
- Diagnoses electrical/mechanical/programming problems
- Maintains timelines. Provides support via phone, e-mail, and onsite
- Supports/documents sales opportunity issues
- Ensures engineering compliance with specifications
- Supports Technical Support escalations. Controls costs
- Promotes teamwork/cooperative effort
- Requires project based travel of 50% and occasional international travel of varying length for training
Bachelor degree and 5 years of related robotic automation experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Strong Java programming skills, strong analytical skills, and advanced mathematical skills related to controls/robotics.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret electrical and controls prints typical in factory automation systems.
Ability to lead small teams.
Intermediate computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and the Internet.
Customer service fundamentals.
Valid driver’s license required.
All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability or national origin.
E-mail or fax to Human Resources 586-465-8706, no phone calls please.