Select your location:

Country

Select your language:

  • English
  • English

CME Further Compliment KUKA UK’s Gold System Partner Portfolio, with a Focus Upon Strengthening Their technical proposition.

Rather than compete for business with integrators and systems providers, KUKA develops strategic partnerships that bring in-depth knowledge of applications and specialist skills to the benefit of customers across all manufacturing sectors.

19 May 2021


The tiered system partner program enables KUKA to strengthen the breadth and depth of expertise available to our customers, across the UK and Ireland.

CME provide standard and bespoke machinery to brand owners across multiple industry sectors. Having successfully developed and implemented solutions for the Tobacco, Pharmaceutical and Food & Beverage sectors. Part of CME’s innovative approach is to encourage businesses to automate their manufacturing processes, developing turnkey solutions in their role as systems integrator.

Of the partnership, Bernard Bagley, Head of Robot Sales KUKA UK said “CME’s flexible, customer-focused approach is to develop high quality, automated machinery that fits the customers’ product perfectly, which entwines with KUKA’s ethos – to take our customers to a new level of automation.” He continued “KUKA’s goal is to make automated production as easy and intuitive as possible; integrating automation in their special field of activity should be almost second nature to manufacturers.”

KUKA system partners range from small, niche operators to quite large enterprises, operating in markets as diverse as enter­tainment and film, food and drink and the aerospace supply chain. What they bring to the table is specialist skills and knowledge in their sector, for customers that need equipment integration and programming.

Bernard added “The robot element of an automated system represents about 25%. Integration, tooling and task-related software represent the other 75% and that’s the integrators’ area, in this case CME, who integrate and use a complete range of technologies.”

Working with KUKA often helps our system partners to expand their horizons. Having the support of a large brand can enable them to acquire business they might not otherwise have won – and customers can have confidence that even a small, specialist company will be able to deliver, including novel ideas and solutions.

Paul Knight, CEO, CME Ltd. said of becoming an official Gold KUKA system partner “One of the major benefits to CME from a partnership with KUKA is the ability to draw upon the extensive technical and application engineering support which is available at all stages of a project, from enquiry to final installation at the customer site.” He added “In addition, diversification is a key strategic thread for CME, and KUKA’s experience and reputation across multiple market sectors is a valuable asset in strengthening our technical proposition as we increase our activity within new sectors.”

Bernard surmised “As time goes on, our relationship (KUKA/CME) will become closer. KUKA does not merely introduce a system partner, wait for the orders and then deliver a new batch of robots at the custom­er’s door for the integrator to get on with integrating; it encourages an open and sym­biotic relationship, and we look forward to working with CME for many years to come.”

To find out more about CME and their automated line integration expertise, click here

This website uses cookies (find out more) in order to offer you the best service online as well. If you simply continue to use our website, we will only use cookies required for technical purposes. If you click on “OK and discover KUKA”, you are also agreeing to the additional use of marketing cookies. You can select which cookies we use by clicking on “Cookie settings”.

Cookie settings