KUKA at SXSW 2018
KUKA will showcase the next wave of automation solutions at South by Southwest 2018 from March 10 to 14 in Austin, Texas, USA
South by Southwest (SXSW) is an annual conglomerate of technology, film, music and conferences that takes place during mid-March in Austin, Texas. Founded in 1987, the event has evolved from being an exclusive local gathering to a platform for global innovators, creatives and business leaders to meet, learn and share ideas.
- When: March 9 to 18, 2018
- Where: Austin, Texas, USA
- Attend KUKA’s panel session on March 10 to learn about the significance of artificial intelligence across multiple industries today, from manufacturer to consumer, and what’s in store for the future
- Visit KUKA in booth 601 during the SXSW Trade Show at the Austin Convention Center from March 11 through 14 to experience some of the latest advancements in automation
- Come hang out with Simone Giertz, the “mastermind of useless machines,” and watch one of the world’s most advanced robots perform ridiculous tasks
Panel Session: “We Want it Now: The Future of AI is in Your Hands”
When: 9:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m., March 10, 2018
Where: JW Marriot, Salon E, 110 E 2nd St, Austin, TX 78701
Consumers have quickly become the most disruptive force in today’s consumer products industry. With a rise in demand, companies must rely on automation, artificial intelligence and other innovative technologies to transform the way they make, move and market products. From product design and manufacturing to data and consumer behavior, this panel will discuss the significance of AI in industries today and what’s in store for the future.
Wilfried Eberhardt – Chief Marketing Officer, KUKA AG
Jan Hill – Senior Director Technology Innovation, Adidas
Mehdi Miremadi – Partner, McKinsey & Company
Karissa Bell – Apps Reporter, Mashable (panel moderator)
From research and development to planning and production, products and processes are increasingly taking shape in the virtual world. Simulation technologies are essential for those work in the field of automation and manufacturing. Using simulation software, users can select, configure and simulate robots for optimized key performance indicators (KPIs). Through this process, simulation can enable the planning of future production processes with a high degree of reliability. Stop by our booth to learn more about KUKA simulation tools.
Bring home a unique SXSW souvenir and pose for a selfie with KUKA’s LBR iiwa, the world’s first series-produced sensitive robot.
With the LBR iiwa, humans and robots can work together on highly sensitive tasks in close cooperation.Tag your photo with our iiwa using our #selfiiwa hashtag at SXSW and enter for a chance to win premium KUKA swag! Read rules below
Rotanza, the dancing KUKA robot host
Watch the fusion of engineering and artistry come to life in the form of Rotanza – a “creature” hostess built using KUKA industrial robots. With a concept like Rotanza, traditional industrial robots can be transformed into a more versatile solution that can be applied to entertainment and other industries.
Simone Giertz Live Webcast and Meet & Greet
During a series of livestreamed webisodes, Simone challenged the LBR iiwa – which she affectionately named “Kinematic Kitty” – to take on a wide range of mundane yet entertaining tasks in her San Francisco workshop.
Come watch Simone and her LBR iiwa LIVE from the KUKA booth on March 11 at 1 p.m. CT.
Stop by the next day, March 12, from 11 a.m. to noon CT for a meet & greet selfie with the YouTube star.
KUKA SXSW 2018 SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE OR DONATION NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. A PURCHASE OR DONATION WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR LIKELIHOOD OF WINNING. THESE RULES GOVERN ALL ASPECTS OF PARTICIPATION AND PRIZE AWARDS.
1. Introduction: The KUKA SXSW 2018 Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") is sponsored by KUKA U.S. Holdings Company LLC ("Sponsor"). Winners will be selected in a random drawing from among all entries. All applicable federal, state, provincial, municipal, territorial and local laws and regulations apply.
2. Agreement to Official Rules: By entering, you indicate your full and unconditional agreement to (a) these Official Rules and (b) Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
3. Timing: The Sweepstakes begins on March 11th at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on [March 14] at 11:59 p.m. ET ("Promotion Period").
4. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (and the District of Columbia) who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or older. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Residents of Puerto Rico are not eligible. Employees of KUKA U.S. Holdings Company LLC (the “Sponsor”) and all other KUKA and Swisslog companies, as well as their immediate family members are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. By participating, entrant agrees to abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects.
5. How to Enter: During the Promotion Period, take a photo of you with the LBR iiwa robot at the KUKA booth of the SXSW and post it on Twitter using the hashtag “selfiiwa”. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person until the Promotion Period expires.
6. Alternative Method of Entry: You may also enter the Sweepstakes by sending an email with the reference “KUKA SXSW Sweepstakes 2018” to email@example.com during the Promotion Period. There is no donation required to enter. Limit of one (1) entry per person until the Promotion Period expires.
7. Drawing: After the Entry Period, Sponsor will select three (3) potential winners in a random drawing of all entries received during the Promotion Period. The odds of being selected depend on the number of entries received.
8. Notification and Requirements of Potential Winners: Sponsor will notify the winners by Twitter message, or, in case of participation by email, by email with instructions on how to claim the prize. If a potential winner does not respond and comply with the instructions in the direct message within three (3) days after Sponsor sent the direct message, the winner will forfeit the prize and Sponsor may award the prize to an alternate entrant. Only three (3) alternate entrants will be contacted.
9. Prizes: Terms of Prizes: Any prize details not specified below will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Travel prizes are subject to availability and blackout dates. Restrictions may apply and the Sponsor in its sole discretion will provide prize details during the redemption process. A prize may not be transferred and must be accepted as awarded. You may not request cash or a substitute prize; however, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason. Payment or liability for any and all federal, state, or local taxes is the sole responsibility of the winner. Consult your tax professional with questions regarding potential tax liability.
Prize ID Name of Prize Prize Description Value Restrictions
1. KUKA Swag Bundle Tote, Shirt, Batter Charger, Stickers, Ceramic Tumbler $75 None
2. KUKA Swag Bundle Tote, Shirt, Batter Charger, Stickers, Ceramic Tumbler $75 None
3. KUKA Swag Bundle Tote, Shirt, Batter Charger, Stickers, Ceramic Tumbler $75 None
10. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the operation of the Sweepstakes, violates these Official Rules, or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any person who seeks to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Sponsor by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication by Sponsor.
11. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone, or network lines; (c) any errors on the Instagram platform that may prevent an entrant from entering or receiving direct messages; (d) printing errors; (e) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (f) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (g) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize. You further agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
12. Disputes: You agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of Michigan. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.