Account Sales Manager
Geographic (Midwest area)
Represent the company’s products and services and provides sales support in response to end-customer and system integrator pre-sales inquiries within a defined geographic sales territory and to select accounts nationwide as assigned. Assesses and qualifies robot applications and systems solutions on KUKA robots per customer requirements. Manage accounts and develop new accounts to generate growth in sales, profitability, market share, and customer satisfaction. Provides limited post-sales project coordination with operations and customer services. This position is predominately intellectual in character and requires advanced knowledge and the exercise of independent discretion and judgment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. The successful candidate may perform other duties as assigned:
- Develops and maintains long-term business relationships between KUKA Robotics and headquarters operations, end-user customers, their supplier base, system partners and integrators.
- Sells robots, robot-related options (hardware/software/ mechanical components) and robot spare parts and related services (training, engineering support, on-site support, etc.).
- Develops a close knowledge base and relationship with key decision-makers within the customers’ engineering, purchasing and production groups.
- Represents KUKA Robotics professionally as part of the global operating holding company KUKA AG in order to improve and grow our business in North America.
- Identifies potential new accounts/customers and new market opportunities.
- Performs on-site visits at existing and potential customer headquarters and plants.
- Effectively presents company products/services/structure to new and existing customers.
- Develops entire proposal package, including application concepts, project quotes, budgets, payback analysis, timing and change requirements, if required, in collaboration with inside sales and other resources.
- Initiates technical support contact as needed to respond to customer or to complete proposal.
- Reviews purchase orders for accuracy and supporting documentation.
- Monitors the competition’s products and services and notifies management of benchmarks (prices, technical advantages, technical problems, organization, etc.).
- Cooperates with all internal departments in order to achieve overall targets. Ensures engineering compliance with all customer and/or other pertaining specifications. Ensures company awareness to specifications.
- Travels as needed to customer sites as well as to KUKA headquarters in Augsburg/Germany.
- Supports and documents sales opportunity issues from a product standpoint with the emphasis to maintain clear communications globally and locally within KUKA and between KUKA and the customer.
- Exercises sound judgment in controlling sales and administrative costs within incumbent’s control.
- Follows-up on sales leads and updates Salesforce status within timeframe required by organization.
- Provides updated sales forecast utilizing Salesforce on a monthly basis.
- Maintains customer contact database through Salesforce.
- Develops and maintains business relationships with KUKA System Partners to enhance and grow the mutual business of both organizations.
- Promotes teamwork and cooperative effort.
- Maintains a clean, safe, and unobstructed work area, practices good safety habits, and utilizes appropriate safety equipment.
- Understands and follows safety regulations and identifies safety concerns.
- Adheres to the Quality System and participates in continual improvement.
No direct supervisory responsibilities. Acts as role model, actively mentors and guides coworkers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B.S.E.E./B.S.C/B.S.M.E.) from four-year college or university and five years of related robotic automation sales experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents. Ability to read electrical and controls prints typical in factory automation systems. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write reports, proposals, presentations, and sales arguments that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, clients, customers, and/or board of directors. Position requires strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate technical information and instructions to non-technical and technical individuals alike. German language skills preferred.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Ability to create spreadsheets and mathematical formulas.
Ability to identify and prioritize opportunities relating to the KUKA Robot product line. Ability to lead problem solving in complex situations. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Moderate intercontinental and occasional international travel of varying length is required. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk and sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters, while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The incumbent works in an office setting and, when on customer sites, will work in both an office and a typical manufacturing environment. Periodic air and ground travel may provide limited exposure to outdoor temperatures and weather conditions