Maintenance/ Electrical Technician (Northmead)
We are looking for a talented and experienced Maintenance Technician (mechanical or electrical) who is passionate about technology, is self-motivated, and has a proactive approach and a positive attitude to join our prestigious site in Northmead, Australia.
July 30, 2018
This role is ideal for someone with a mechanical engineering background, who is looking for the opportunity to work with a market leader in technology and wants to be part of a growing and diverse international organisation.
About the Role
This role will report directly to the Swisslog Maintenance Team Manager and is based at our customers Western Sydney Distribution Centre. As one of Swisslogs Maintenance Technicians, the successful candidate will be required to work an 8 hour shift, Monday to Friday. The candidate must be flexible as they can be rostered on to work either the day or Afternoon or night shift, Monday to Friday. This role includes no weekend work, unless overtime is required. The primarily responsibility is to repair and maintain the equipment on site, thus ensuring the continuous smooth operation of the facility according to Swisslog’s agreed maintenance scope and plan.
What you will bring to the role
- Trade qualifications in Certificate III Mechanical engineering or NSW Licensed electrician
- Previous experience during full operation of the facility, including trouble shooting (if necessary), preventative maintenance of the system and replacement of defective parts
- 3 + years’ experience in the repair and maintenance of technical systems in a production environment or similar
- Ability to work within a team and manage pressure/stress well
- Demonstrated commitment to safety, quality and customer satisfaction
- Knowledge of PLC controlled plant and equipment and/or pneumatic equipment (advantageous)
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to demonstrate a strong customer service aptitude
- A relevant and current trade license
- Ability to identify plant improvement opportunities (desirable)
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, proactive, hardworking and customer centric. The candidate will be an experienced technician, qualified in a mechanical trade with 3+ years’ experience maintaining and repairing technical systems in a similar environment.
If you are interested in the above position, please send an updated resume and a letter of interest, addressing how you meet the required skills and attributes as outlined above to firstname.lastname@example.org.