Project Engineer Mechanical (m/w/d)
March 1, 2021
- Assists the Project Manager in organizing and supervising/monitoring all engineering activities.
- Schedule and facilitate a detailed equipment concept and proposal review meeting with team members from Advance Processing, Mechanical and Controls Engineering.
- Create, review and track process deliverables. Schedule and facilitate internal reviews and customer reviews.
Review layouts and designs with Design Vendors/Engineering Department.
- Schedule and facilitate formal design review meetings between the customer's representatives and KUKA project team.
- Monitor the release of all drawings through the KUKA business system
- Ensures all As Built and Non- Conformances are updated on drawings as supplied by Build Supervisors and Site Supervisors.
- Ensures designs are cost effective.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university and/or three to five years related experience in specific business segment (BIW, Chassis/Glass, Special Welding, etc.); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Competence in controls engineering and mechanical design knowledge as it relates to the following: force analysis, standardization, processing, CAD, cause and effects, R&M, SPC and FMEA.
- Working knowledge of the following Microsoft Office Suite applications.
Ability to review CAD models.
- Three to five years related experience in automotive tooling manufacturing (GM experience preferred).