Business Development Manager - Tier 1 / Metal Joining
Develop business in the ASM Industry
- Identifies new program investment plans with target accounts and strategically positions KUKA to win the business
- Manages and supports creating proposals and closing sales opportunities for target accounts in the USA
- Identifies and prioritizes target customers and potential new accounts/customers and new market opportunities
- Develops winning strategies and customer-specific sales stories to win ASM Industry customer business
- Supports Sales and develops long-term business relationships between KUKA and as-signed target accounts from ASM industry
- Develops partnerships with companies that offer products and technology that compliment KUKA’s portfolio and strengthen KUKA’s solution offerings for ASM industry
- Performs on-site visits at existing and potential customer headquarters and plants, including occasional customer visits overseas
- Supports marketing and promotion planning (specialist presentations, conventions, trade fairs, publications etc.) in coordination with regional marketing and global ASM
- Works closely with customers to build understanding of customers automation needs and communicates portfolio requirements to technical and product management teams.'
- Monitors and directs the market segment ASM strategy through key figures in North America, aligning strategic actions with sales teams to stay on track (e.g. pipeline re-views)
- Builds, collects and shares competitor and market intelligence
- Coordinates a local team together to win a specific project with regional customers. Acts as the Business Development Lead and is responsible to coordinate business development activities for the account
- Acts as first point of contact for US sales on ASM topics in the USA
- Representing USA voice of the ASM market and customers in the regional team
- Initiates technical and commercial support contacts as needed at customer and within KUKA to respond to customer or to complete proposal
- Establishes and updates customer opportunities in Salesforce to ensure visibility of all customer investments and accuracy of KUKA forecasting
- Coordinates the activities and information sharing between KUKA teams in USA (customer’s HQ), at KUKA HQ in Germany and KUKA teams in customers’ manufacturing locations (e.g. USA, Canada or Mexico)
- Prepares dedicated ASM industry specific sales documents and references to be shared with USA and regional sales teams
Travels domestically and internationally regularly to visit customers, integrators and partners
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in the technical-commercial domain, with at least 5 years professional experience in Sales, Business Development, or Project Management specific to the automotive and welding industry.
- Direct experience working with automation solutions for automotive and metals joining.
- Experience and knowledge of the culture and investment behavior of the industry.
- Ability to work under pressure in fast-paced industry and with demanding customers.
- High degree of initiative and ability to work in team in matrix organization