Field Service Engineer - Shelby Township, MI
Become a valued team member for the leading global supplier of intelligent automation solutions! Apply today!
April 20, 2022
- Provide assistance to KUKA Robotics customers and internal personnel for the troubleshooting and repair of electrical, mechanical and programming problems related to KUKA Robotics equipment.
- Manage customer relationships by going the extra mile and representing KUKA with pride and professionalism.
- Perform in-house, on-site, and/or telephone troubleshooting, repairs and support of KUKA equipment on an as-needed basis.
- Work within a flexible work/travel schedule.
- Travel to customer sites on short notice and frequently requires the ability to work long hours to meet customer needs.
- Make a complete backup of all software, programming, or configuration changes that were made during the customer visit.
- Complete Field Service reports
- Develop technical credibility and rapport with customer.
- Work with the Service Manager and/or related supervisor(s) to identify individual training needs to maintain and continuously improve skills and knowledge of KUKA Robotics products and applications.
- Assist the Sales, Engineering, Assembly, Spare Parts, Shipping & Receiving teams when required following specific guidelines and safety requirements and ensuring on-time, complete and accurate deliveries.
- Participate actively in the promotion and sale of parts and services every time an opportunity arises.
- Regular travel to customer sites general business errands required – both domestic and international (passport required).
- Associate's degree (A. A.) from an accredited two-year college or technical school plus 2 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical, electrical, electronic, etc. prints and other related technical documentation.
- Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of customer service for phone and face-to-face contact with customers.
- Structured, proactive and goal-oriented way of working.
- Intermediate PC skills/knowledge (CS-SalesForce, MS Office environment, Internet, email, etc.)
- Strong work ethic, drive to succeed, customer service orientation as well as strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills and ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to travel (75% - 90%) for service assignments throughout the USA and some international on short notice and varying duration. Travel to headquarters in Germany may be required for varying duration for training purposes.