Sales Consultant - Customer Service
April 20, 2022
- Effectively presents Customer Service aftermarket products and services to new and existing customers.
- Frequently travels (up to 50%) to customer sites to sell CS products and services (i.e. contracts, hardware, software, training, engineering services, on-site support, etc.).
- Identifies potential new accounts, customers, contacts and new market opportunities.
- Develops and maintains long-term business relationship between KUKA Robotics and Integrators, System Partners and End-user Customers.
- Generates accurate and technically correct quotations of the CS product portfolio and ensures customers are informed of service rates, part prices, and service product offerings.
- Cooperates with CS Managers to ensure qualified resources are identified to achieve successful completion of service orders. Reviews purchase orders for accuracy, authorization, and supporting documentation.
- Verifies customer and order information against previously obtained information for accuracy.
- Maintains accurate and complete data in Salesforce/SAP/other IT systems, including Asset Information, Competition Information, Lead Information, Opportunity Status and Quote Information.
- Works collaboratively with the Sales / IM / CS team to determine service sales strategies for individual customer accounts.
- Provides feedback to Sales / IM Team and CS team to improve customer relationships.
- Monitors quotes, sales, and project status to track aftermarket sales performance and ongoing project activities.
- Monitors the competition’s products and services and notifies management of benchmarks (i.e. pricing, technical advantages, etc.).
- Ensures capture of repeat / renewal business by proactively offering recommended Spare Parts, Field Service, Service Contracts, Software, Engineering and Training throughout the life cycle of each robot.
- Forecasts aftermarket sales volumes and assists in strategic planning activities.
- Adheres to the Quality System and participates in continual improvements.
- Understands and follows safety regulations and identifies safety concerns.
- Supports the Finance department in the payment process
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and five years of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Requires excellent knowledge of the fundamentals of customer service for face-to-face and phone contact with customers and prior experience using Salesforce, SAP or similar Customer Relationship Management and ERP software.
- Prior sales experience a decisive advantage – understanding all phases of sales process.
- Candidate must be results oriented with a strong dedication to meeting customer expectations and schedules, closing capabilities and be able to travel within the USA with frequent overnight trips.