Flexible screw-fastening solutions with the KUKA LBR class-A/B power wrench
With the class-A/B power wrench, you can expand the range of potential applications for the KUKA LBR iiwa. Manual screw-fastening processes are automated by the end effector. We have designed the right power wrench for every type of screw fastening.
- KUKA LBR class-A/B power wrench: for safety-critical screwed connections of class A requiring documentation and for function-critical screwed connections of class B.
- KUKA LBR class-C power wrench: screw fastening class C for simple screwed connections where a “Go/No Go” evaluation is sufficient.
KUKA LBR class-A/B power wrench: your advantages
- The power wrench is suitable for all common screw-fastening applications – including those involving high torques.
- The screw-fastening operation can also be carried out in several stages.
- The class-A/B power wrench operates in clockwise and counterclockwise direction.
- The power wrench can be integrated quickly and easily into existing production systems.
- The mechanical system is optimally designed for tactile calibration by the robot.
- The standard interface on the angle head is used for connecting additional components, such as protective sleeves and screw tip safeguards.
- Thanks to the wrench controller integrated into Sunrise.OS, we can accommodate your requirements for the transmission and logging of screw-fastening data on a project-specific basis.
Work without safety fences with the KUKA LBR class-A/B power wrench
Our class-A/B power wrench can be perfectly integrated into operations with human-robot collaboration. This is enabled by the following functions:
- Automatic energy coupling and integrated energy supply
When the tool is mounted, energy coupling is carried out automatically. The energy supply is integrated – with no external lines and thus no disruptive forces.
- HRC-capable and safe
The design is rounded and thus HRC-capable. In the event of a collision or Emergency Stop, the power wrench automatically switches itself off immediately. No pinching or crushing points are present on the power wrench.