Oversees daily operations of and customer visits to the West Coast Technical Center (WCTC). Responsible for customer-ready facility maintenance and upkeep. Provides technical/engineering support in response to end-customer and system integrator opportunities and projects. Supports sales team in the field within designated area of responsibility. Assesses robot applications, tests, proves-out, and demonstrates software and/or hardware solutions on KUKA robots per customer requirements. Provides limited post-sales project support. Exercises independent judgment and discretion.
- Ensures the WCTC is in customer-ready condition (clean, safe, and in operating order). Hosts visitors, sets up demos as needed.
- Establishes and maintains facility processes (e.g. Incoming/outgoing mail/deliveries, fire drills, system testing, etc.)
- Maintains facility security and is first on the emergency call list
- Arranges and oversees facility vendors (e.g. office supplies, appliances, cleaning crew, catering, heating/cooling, etc.) for services, products, repairs, and facility updates as approved by the VP Customer Service
- Supports product-related presentations and demonstrations in conjunction with various department management
- Presents technical information, performing the role of instructor with partners and end-customers when necessary
- Supports the creation of application concepts, project quotes, budgets, payback analysis, timing and change requirements
- Conducts customer visits to support pre-sales product and project groups relative to product/project issues
- Creates customized solutions (GUI, Application software, Hardware Interface, etc.) in order to meet customers’ process requirements
- Supports and delivers basic and specialized training seminars and training materials, including the communication of appropriate safety precautions for robot operation, on an as needed basis
- Modifies existing hardware/software solutions to accommodate variability with peripheral devices
- Requires the ability to perform preliminary in-house, on-site, and/or telephone troubleshooting, repairs and support of KUKA equipment on an as-needed basis
- Diagnoses electrical, mechanical and programming problems related to KUKA Robotics equipment and application specific or customized software packages
- Informs sales management of project/support deviation requirements
- Support via phone, e-mail, and onsite for end users and system partners primarily in, but not limited to, the general geographical location
- Ensures engineering compliance with all customer and/or other pertaining specifications. Ensures company awareness to specifications
- Provides customers with the highest quality of products and services
- Supports regional Technical Support escalations concerning system partners and/or customers with approval of management
- Exercises sound judgment in controlling sales and administrative costs within incumbent’s control
- Promotes teamwork and cooperative effort
- Maintains a clean, safe, and unobstructed work area, practices good safety habits, and utilizes appropriate safety equipment
- Other duties as assigned
- Understands and applies appropriate quality improvement processes
- Adheres to the Quality System and participates in continual improvement
This position is located in the USA (Freemont, CA).
All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability or national origin.
E-mail or fax to Human Resources 586-465-8706, no phone calls please.