Repairs, operates, programs, tests, and maintains KUKA robots and related equipment. Provides assistance to KUKA customers and internal personnel for troubleshooting and repair of electrical, mechanical and programming problems related to KUKA Equipment.
- Makes a complete backup of all software, programming, or configuration changes that were made. One copy of which is provided to the customer and the second copy is retained.
- Completes Field service reports- with an accurate description of the problem/ reported/identified, the solution, and/or a complete list of all parts/options that may have been installed. Obtains the dated signature of the identified/authorized customer contact and supplies a copy to the customer.
- Works with the manager and/or related supervisor(s) to identify individual training needs to maintain and continuously improve skills and knowledge of KUKA products and applications.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of an in-house preventive maintenance and repair program.
- Responds to service calls and/or training as assigned.
- Performs low-level programming and reprogramming of robots.
- Supports installation of robots at manufacturing plants or other site where they will be used.
- Aligns, fits, and assembles component parts, using hand tools, power tools.
- Analyzes and records test results, and prepares written testing reports.
- Inspects parts for defects.
- Reads blueprints, schematics, diagrams, and sales orders to determine methods and sequence of assembly.
- Repairs, reworks, and calibrates robots and systems to meet customer requirements.
- Troubleshoots and repairs damaged mechanical components.
- Executes refurbishment programs according to check lists.
- Suggests improvement in internal processes.
- Occasional travel to customer sites, training locations, and general business errands required – both domestic and international (passport required).
- Understands and follows safety regulations and identifies safety concerns.
- Adheres to the Quality System and participates in continuous improvement.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Email or fax to Human Resources 586-465-8706. Equal Opportunity Employer. Direct hires only. No phone calls please.