The System Engineer for Electrical & Controls is responsible for detailed analysis, coordination, control and design scope for assigned projects, mentoring of new employees and contributing to the administration and development of the team.
- Contribute to the decision making process in assessing supplier capabilities. This involves reference site visits and supplier interviews.
- Ensuring all electrical control and integration aspects of a project or sourcing and design activities are carried out in a manner that complies with OH&S requirements of both Swisslog and the customer within the constraints of any given deadline.
- Ensure all supplier deliverables are captured in a formal requirements specification / functional description, meet given deadlines, fits for criteria and purposes and does not interfere with the building design
- Prepare procurement request documentation and obtain proposals from sub suppliers
- Contributing to formal risk assessments for the project from integration perspective and following the recommendations made in this risk assessment at all times throughout the project
- Monitoring supplier recourses allocated to specific areas of projects
- Monitoring and facilitating information flow between various sub suppliers
- Participate with project managers in formal meetings required to maintain control of projects
- Contribution to debrief where useful information from projects is captured and distributed to appropriate people within and outside the company
- Programming for conveyor control system
- Other tasks as assigned
- Degree/Diploma holder in Electrical or Control Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years working experience preferably in project related to industrial/process equipment
- Familiar with AutoCAD, PLC, SCADA, Variable Speed Drives, Sensors and Scanners
- Able to work with high independence, able to work under pressure and tight schedule
- Very good analytical skills, communication and presentation skills, both written and oral
- Mature, self driven and proactive
- A team player with strong customer focus
- Working experience in automated material handling system is an added advantage but not essential
- Proficiency in English (oral & written) and Mandarin(oral) is a must
- Computer literate with good knowledge in using Microsoft Office
- Willing to travel both domestically and overseas at short notice