The System Engineer for Mechanical is responsible for detailed analysis, coordination, control and design scope for assigned projects, mentoring of new employees and contributing to the administration and development of the team.
- Contribute to the decision making process in assessing supplier capabilities. This involves reference site visits and supplier interviews.
- Ensuring all mechanical aspects of a project or sourcing and design activities are carried out in a manner that complies with OH&S requirements of both Swisslog and the customer within the constraints of any given deadline.
- Ensure all supplier deliverables are captured in a formal requirements specification / functional description, meet given deadlines, fits for criteria and purposes and does not interfere with the building design
- Prepare procurement request documentation and obtain proposals from sub suppliers
- Contributing to formal risk assessments for the project from integration perspective and following the recommendations made in this risk assessment at all times throughout the project
- Monitoring supplier recourses allocated to specific areas of projects
- Monitoring and facilitating information flow between various sub suppliers
- Participate with project managers in formal meetings required to maintain control of projects
- Contribution to debrief where useful information from projects is captured and distributed to appropriate people within and outside the company
- Other tasks as assigned
- Degree/Diploma holder in mechanical, materials, equipment or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years experience in engineering field of machining, mechanical, or similar field, preferably experience in project related to industrial/process equipment
- Good at AutoCAD or Solidworks and be able to design new machines and/or tooling
- Able to work with high independence, able to work under pressure and tight schedule
- Very good analytical skills, communication and presentation skills, both written and oral
- Mature, self driven and proactive
- A team player with strong customer focus
- Working experience in automated material handling system is an added advantage but not essential
- Proficiency in English (oral & written) and Mandarin(oral) is a must
- Computer literate with good knowledge in using Microsoft Office
- Willing to travel both domestically and overseas at short notice