Swisslog and KUKA are automating the distribution logistics at Almarai
With the automation of the flow of goods, the Saudi dairy company Almarai intends to increase the efficiency of its logistics. The goal: having processes run more quickly, transit quantities increased and costs reduced. The solution for the proposed improvements is delivered by Swisslog, supported by KUKA Industries.
The initial situation
- storage and retrieval machines
- refrigerated trucks (Automatic Reefer Loading System, ARLS)
- systems for automatic loading of HGVs
- automatic picking modules supplied by KUKA
- electric monorail suspension systems
- SAP’s warehouse management system to control the material flows and data intelligently and efficiently
Thanks to the combined experience of Swisslog and KUKA, Almarai benefits from a solution which enables future growth and embodies the age of ‘industry 4.0’ with state-of-the-art, robot-based automation supported by data management.