Milling: the technology
Milling shapes the workpiece as desired by removing superfluous material chips by means of a geometrically defined cutting edge and rotation of the cutting tool.
Would you like a machine to handle the milling? No problem. Our milling robots can carry out the machining tasks just like machine tools – as a matter of fact, they are even more flexible and versatile. They are also easy to program thanks to KUKA’s own technology software package KUKA.CNC.
High-precision robotic milling
High-precision robotic milling is a core competence of KUKA: we process CRP and GRP components with an accuracy of approximately +/- 0.4 mm. Taking full advantage of our know-how, we develop integrated solutions together with our partners. We focus primarily on
- the integration and upgrading of the CAD/CAM process chain,
- the integration of a machine tool controller with a corresponding user interface, and
- the further development of various calibration methods.
Milling: the advantages
Our experience and expertise ensure a high degree of flexibility through our milling robots and variable combinations of robots and machine tools. As a KUKA customer, you can choose between various system solutions:
- From small parts to large components with a length of more than 25 meters,
- from stationary use and multi-step machining
- through to mobile robot solutions in accordance with Industrie 4.0.
Adaptable and flexible – that’s the factory of the future. Our mobile robot solutions will make your production operations ready for Industrie 4.0 too. You are welcome to call us.