The KUKA.SystemSoftware – KSS for short – is the operating system and thus the heart of the entire robot controller for the majority of the KUKA robot portfolio – including traditional 5- and 6-axis robots, as well as the new KR SCARA and KR DELTA robots.
Get acquainted with the basic functions of the operating system
The “functional twins” KSS 8.6 and 8.7 offer new functions without changing the existing programming environment and user interface – if you are familiar with KUKA.SystemSoftware and KRL (KUKA Robot Language), you will immediately feel at home.
And thanks to the expertise that we have built up over decades, combined with feedback from our customers, the current KSS versions 8.6 and 8.7 are the result of internal and external feedback. In combination with inline forms, project-based engineering and project-independent online programming, it is clear that KUKA has listened to the suggestions and wishes of users during the development of KSS.
Design, development and expansion
Engineering functions of the KSS operating system cover everything
From the creation of your own customer-specific software packages to the visualization and simulation of your manufacturing process and on to the evaluation of complete robot cells –
- on a project basis. Configuration of the controller using database and catalog-based projects – created using KUKA.WorkVisual.
- Soft PLC interface. Integrated interface in KUKA.WorkVisual to KUKA.Multiprog – the Soft PLC engineering environment of KUKA.ProConOS.
- Load data determination. Determination of the load parameters of real tool attachments by means of pendulum motions using the KUKA.LoadDataDetermination option.
- Simulation. Design and evaluation of complete robot cells using KUKA.Sim.
- Virtual robot controller. Virtualized version of KUKA.SystemSoftware (KSS) available as KUKA.OfficeLite.
- Customer-specific technology packages. Creation of your own customer-specific software packages using KUKA.OptionPackageEditor. Further modules are provided here by the expansion technologies KUKA.UserTech and KUKA.HMI easy.
- Recovery. Image-based backup solution using KUKA.Recovery.
All product data close at hand at all times
To manage technical data, specifications and licenses, visit our my.kuka digital customer portal. There you can post support requests and visit our KUKA Xpert digital knowledge database.