Rotary friction welding machines
KUKA and Thompson friction welding machines make the industrial joining of a broad range of materials simple and cost-effective. You can even weld challenging and safety-relevant material combinations with high quality in technology trends such as e-mobility and lightweight construction.
Advantages of KUKA rotational friction welding machines
The high-tech machines set standards not only in terms of precision, dynamics and process control, but also with their high productivity.
- Maximum cost reduction: the state-of-the-art rotational friction welding machines make it possible to limit use of expensive material to those points that are relevant for the component.
- Wide variety of material combinations: the KUKA rotational friction welding machines also enable the welding of challenging combinations of materials, such as aluminum and copper.
- Maximum flexibility: every technology has its advantages. Double headstock, fixed or moving headstock: we offer the ideal solution for every workpiece.
- Utmost availability: thanks to the use of high-quality components, maintenance requirements are low and machine availability very high.
- Component optimization: using rotational friction welding machines, the requirements of the mobility industry with regard to weight reduction are met.
- Maximum welding quality: with rotational friction welding, you are opting for a production process in which every component is validated..
- Maximum ergonomics: the use of intuitive touchscreen operation and the ergonomically designed working area make work faster and more effective.
- Maximum traceability: all process data are numerically and graphically documented and electronically archived by the KUKA PCD (Process Control and Documentation) which was specially developed by KUKA for this purpose. Complaints are thus a thing of the past.
Machines custom-tailored to your needs
Rotational friction welding machines from KUKA: prepared for Industrie 4.0
Integrating KUKA rotational friction welding machines into your production network is a proven means of increasing your productivity. This requires open interfaces and intelligent control. As a manufacturer of flexible systems for automated production, KUKA has the experience and expertise to develop and implement cost-effective complete solutions with high process reliability. With their easily accessible working area and the network capability of the controller, our rotational friction welding machines offer ideal conditions for the new era of Industrie 4.0.