Features of the KUKA.LaserTech software
Welding, brazing, soldering or cutting – you name it: KUKA.LaserTech is a versatile software solution for various laser applications that allows you to achieve the highest degree of flexibility.
KUKA.LaserTech has a modular structure. The user-friendly inline forms ensure that laser applications can be integrated and programmed quickly and easily.
Video: KUKA robots make laser welding flexible
One of the most advanced and flexible laser welding cells in Europe can be found at WinNova (formerly Innova) in Laitila (Finland). WinNova is a research and training company and receives orders from the shipbuilding industry on a regular basis. To enable WinNova to work with the large and bulky components prevalent in this industry, KUKA developed the high-tech laser cell, Innova Lasepro, which paves the way for flexible, camera-monitored laser welding and laser cutting processes.
By using the KUKA.LaserTech software, two robots can carry out various welding processes in one cell.
System requirements for KUKA.LaserTech
System Software KSS 8.2 or KSS 8.3
- KUKA robot controller KR C4
- Field bus systems (EtherCat, ProfiNet, Interbus, Profibus, etc.)
- All KUKA robots with KSS System Software, KUKA High Accuracy robots are recommended for a great many applications
- Laser source and processing optics (customer-specific adaptations may be possible in consultation with KUKA)
Advantages of laser applications with KUKA robots
- Economic feasibility of highly flexible system concepts
- Workspace maximization by means of open 6-axis kinematic system, expandable using KUKA positioners and linear units
- Intelligent automation concepts by way of system linking