Functional principle of KUKA.SystemSoftware
KUKA.SystemSoftware contains all the basic functions such as path planning or I/O management. In addition, further advanced functions are integrated into KUKA.SystemSoftware. This offers you a wide range of options for robot programming.
Your advantage: Programming can be checked immediately with the KUKA smartPAD through easy operator control. Conveniently execute all functions and programming steps with the robot and the workpiece directly in view.
The user-friendly structure of KUKA.SystemSoftware is based on Windows and ensures intuitive operation. Furthermore, the range of functions can be expanded any time using the compatible interfaces. This allows you to expand and adapt the system to your requirements, for example, by installing additional software packages containing application-specific instructions and configurations.
Overview of the basic functions
- Programming at different skill levels possible: from simple programming and inline forms through to expert programming in KRL (KUKA Robot Language)
- Field bus configuration and I/O mapping for various field buses (Profibus, Profinet, Ethernet IP, EtherCAT, ProfiSAFE, CIP Safety and FSoE)
- Multilingual user interface: up to 26 languages are available for selection in the KUKA.SystemSoftware user interface
- Flexible configuration of auxiliary drives and/or customer kinematic systems: operation of asynchronous, infinitely rotating or force-controlled external axes and master/slave drives in a group
- Image-based backup solutions through KUKA.Recovery
- Up to eight cyclical robot interpreters running in parallel, which allow customer-specific programming for control tasks that are not time-critical. For KSS 8.3 or higher, optionally available through KUKA.MultiSubmitInterpreter and for KSS 8.5 or higher, available as a standard function.
- Server-triggered, project-based backups of the system configuration through the integrated backup manager.
Engineering functions of KUKA.SystemSoftware
- Configuration of the controller using database and catalog-based projects – created using KUKA.WorkVisual
- Integrated interface in KUKA.WorkVisual to KUKA.Multiprog – the engineering environment of KUKA.ProConOS Soft PLC.
- Load data determination for real tool attachments via KUKA.LoadDataDetermination
- Simulation of complete robot cells via KUKA.Sim
- Virtual robot controller available with KUKA.OfficeLite
- Creation of your own customer-specific software packages using KUKA.OptionPackageEditor