Proposal Estimating Engineer (m/w/d)
March 1, 2021
- Compiles estimates of cost on special parts or products as a basis for pricing purposes.
- Interpret engineering layouts and data.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of Detroit auto industry base suppliers for design and manufacturing of details and components.
- Estimates labor hours for the following: Mechanical and/or Electrical design; Fabrication; Piping; Assembly; Installation Supervision; Machining; Wiring; Try-out on KUKA floor, Try-out on customer floor.
- Estimates construction costs of proposed equipment including raw material and purchased components.
- Estimates changes for Project Manager.
- Negotiates changes with customers, when required.
- Maintain knowledge of designs, manufacturing processes and procedures with direct experience in welding, automation, and/or robotic equipment.
- Solicits quotations for support equipment that may be required as part of KUKA's proposal.
- Maintain knowledge of PC based software such as Microsoft Office, as well as currently used estimating software.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) from four-year college or university; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- BIW experience and expertise in Excel and MS Office suite, AutoCAD, CATIA and Teamcenter.