Proposal Estimating Engineer
March 1, 2021
The Proposal/Estimating Engineer compiles estimates of cost on special parts or products as a basis for pricing purposes. Must have engineering knowledge and be able to interpret engineering layouts and data. Requires extensive knowledge of designs, manufacturing processes and procedures with direct experience in welding, automation and/or robotic equipment.
- Compiles estimates of cost on special parts or products as a basis for pricing purposes.
- Interpret engineering layouts and data.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of Detroit auto industry base suppliers for design and manufacturing of details and components.
- Estimates labor hours for the following: Mechanical and/or Electrical design; Fabrication; Piping; Assembly; Installation Supervision; Machining; Wiring; Try-out on KUKA floor, Try-out on customer floor.
- Estimates construction costs of proposed equipment including raw material and purchased components.
- Estimates changes for Project Manager.
- Negotiates changes with customers, when required.
- Maintain knowledge of designs, manufacturing processes and procedures with direct experience in welding, automation, and/or robotic equipment.
- Solicits quotations for support equipment that may be required as part of KUKA's proposal.
- Maintain knowledge of PC based software such as Microsoft Office, as well as currently used estimating software.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) from four-year college or university; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- BIW experience and expertise in Excel and MS Office suite, AutoCAD, CATIA and Teamcenter.
What we offer
Great working environment
Hands-on training and skills development